Scott sent me a photo essay of the first cook with his new WSM. I knew he would be a natural, but this is really excellent.
By the way, he took the pictures with a new (holiday gift from his wife) digital camera, not bad pictures for the first time out with a new camera either.
Smoking in Chicago,
Scott's First Cook on the WSM
Here are the pictures from my first BBQ. Thanks for all the help, it turned out great and now everyone is spoiled. They like it better that any other chicken. I numbered the photo's and give a brief description. The chicken didn't get the red/pink ring I was hoping for, but I will get better. Michael has placed an order for rib's on Thursday. I think that's' next.
Click on image for full sized picture
1. The Briquettes arranged per your instructions
2. The Chickens
3. The lighting of the briquettes
4. The beautiful orange glow of the fully lit briquettes
5. The lit briquettes spread evenly per your instructions
6. The water and foil
7. The WSM pre-chicken
8. The WSM and it's prey...the chicken
9. The WSM with the chicken inside
10. The chicken at the turn over
11. The finished product
12. The first cut
13. The others waiting for their turn
14. The lovely and taste platter